Funded by the Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources
Secure your grants or loan now to enjoy your home in comfort and maximize your monthly savings on your energy bills.
Expanded Loan Options
Now there are more ways than ever to maximize your energy savings. You can qualify for a no-interest expanded loan when you use a participating lender, whether you are improving your home’s weatherization, adding energy-saving projects, or if you are looking to improve a two-four family building.
Central Wood Pellet Heating Systems
If you meet these eligibility requirements, you may qualify for an expanded loan to improve your home.
- No-interest loan of up to $25,000 for up to 84 months
- Qualifying pellet boiler or furnace must be installed in a one-four-unit residence as the central system for heat
- Equipment must meet detailed requirements, such as at least two tons of bulk storage and a thermal efficiency rating of 85% or higher and an emissions rating £ to 0.08lb PM 2.5/MMBtu (for pellet systems) or a thermal efficiency rating of 75% or higher and an emissions rating £ to 0.1lb PM 2.5/MMBtu (for wood chip systems).
Expanded 2-4 Family Loans
The following requirements must be met.
- No interest loan is available for up to $50,000 up to 84 months
- Must have a work scope encompassing 2-, 3-, or 4-home units
- Financing may be used for any applicable HEAT Loan measure
Barrier Mitigation Grants
The Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources provides grants for citizens who qualify based on their income level. They must be customers of Mass Save and have financial hindrances preventing weatherization or heat upgrades.
- Available for costs of remediation of knob and tube wiring, asbestos removal, or vermiculite removal
- Customers must comply with Mass Save-approved insulation or equipment upgrades