If an air conditioner is one of those units that you’ve been holding off on buying, the time is now to do so. Don’t wait until you’re sweating in uncomfortable places during the summer. If you buy it now and install it before the heat hits, you’ll be able to reap the benefits of your forward-thinking very soon.
In addition to staying comfortable, there financial benefits as well to upgrading your air conditioner. When you get an ENERGY STAR® device you will be eligible for a Mass Save rebate of $40! Plus, you’ll save on electricity thanks to these energy-efficient devices.
Room Air Conditioners
Room air conditioners – even window units – can help you keep the spaces in your home at cool and comfortable temperatures. When you use an ENERGY STAR®-certified room air conditioner, you’ll also be able to prevent unnecessary energy waste.
What this means is that you’ll be able to save upwards of $60 when using the unit for its entire life, because the ENERGY STAR® models use 10% less energy than their inefficient counterparts.
If this is something you’re interested in and you want to check out more of the specs, you should explore our ENERGY STAR® certified room air conditioners.
Applying for the Rebate
If you’re interested in buying a new air conditioning unit, saving money over the unit’s lifetime, and receiving a rebate when you purchase the device, read on and follow these easy steps:
- Check your eligibility (see below).
- Submit your rebate form.
- Purchase an ENERGY STAR®-certified air conditioning unit.
After your eligibility is confirmed, you’ll receive a link with your rebate code. Simply show that code at the register to receive the rebate amount and immediately apply it to the purchase!
How Do You Know If You’re Eligible?
Even before you get to the store to buy the appliance, it’s best to know if it’s worth your while. Check this list of eligibility below and see how you stack up.
- This offer is only open to Massachusetts residential electric customers of Cape Light Compact JPE, Eversource, National Grid, or Unitil.
- You may only purchase two room air conditioner rebates per account each calendar year.
- The rebate is good for purchases made from January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2022.
- Applications for 2022 rebates and all necessary materials must be postmarked or submitted online by January 31, 2023.
If you’re eligible, click here to download the 2022 Mass Save Room Air Conditioner Rebate form.