During the spring and summer months, abundant particles float through the air. Whether it’s pollen, dust, or unwanted odors that are exacerbated by the heat and humidity, a room air cleaner can make your home a much more comfortable space.
Room air cleaners are sometimes known as “air purifiers.” They are portable, which is great because you can move one or two around to different rooms in your home to clean all the air. Once you’ve experienced the purified air that a room air cleaner provides, you’ll never want to live in a home without one again. Not only will you be more comfortable, but your health will benefit, too!
The Sponsors of Mass Save are making it even easier to purchase room air cleaners for your home with a $40 rebate on a new, Energy Star-certified, energy-efficient appliance.
Not only will you be able to save money on the purchase of this new appliance, but you’ll save money in the long run, too! Traditional models of room air cleaners use about 550kWh of electricity each year—that’s even more than some brand-new refrigerators!
However, energy-efficient models (such as those in the Energy Star line) use up to 40% less energy. This can save you up to $250 in costs to run the appliance over the course of its life!
How to Apply for your $40 Rebate
Applying for your room air cleaner rebate is quick and easy. Just follow these simple steps to save $40 on your new appliance! Then sit back and enjoy the effects of your clean, purified air.
- Confirm your eligibility with the link below.
- Buy your qualifying Energy Star-certified room air cleaner.
- Fill out the rebate form completely and turn it in (with your dated receipt) either by mail or online.
Checking the Status of Your Rebate
You can check your rebate status here.
Suppose you’d prefer to save money on your purchase automatically. In that case, you can check your eligibility status online and then take your code to the participating retailer where you want to buy your room air cleaner. Simply show the check-out clerk your code, and they will automatically apply the rebate amount to your purchase! It doesn’t get any easier than that.
To be eligible for Mass Save’s $40 room air cleaner rebate, you must meet the following guidelines.
- You must be a residential electric customer of Cape Light Compact JPE, Eversource, National Grid, or Unitil.
- You may only use this rebate for two room air cleaners per account each calendar year.
- You must make your purchase(s) between January 1, 2022, and December 31, 2022.
- You must complete the application in full and submit it with dated receipt(s) and any other necessary materials either online or postmarked by January 31, 2023.