You might think that upgrading or installing a new oil boiler or furnace will save you money on energy bills. However, a heat pump is also a good option. Heat pumps can do two jobs: heating and cooling. They work with the ductwork already in your home, or without it! When you compare this to heating or cooling your home with propane or oil, it can save you up to 30% on your energy bill! If you add a heat pump to your home you can receive a rebate of up to $15,000 through sponsors of the Mass Save program.
Equipment Rebates for High-Efficiency Oil Heating
Winter means heightened energy costs as you work to have a warm home. If you install high-efficiency equipment to do this heating work, you will not only save on your monthly energy expenses but you can receive up to $800 in rebates.
Equipment Rebates for High-Efficiency Water Heating
Replacing your water heater with a high-efficiency machine is another way to lower your monthly energy bills year-round. You won’t even have to cover the entire amount upfront, as you can get up to $800 in rebates for the initial cost of equipment.
Are You Eligible?
Rebates are offered to qualifying customers who meet the following requirements:
- Massachusetts residents who use Cape Light Compact JPE, Eversource, National Grid, or Unitil
- Equipment installed in residences with one to four units
- Purchases and installations in 2021
- Installations performed by a licensed contractor or plumber
- Rebate forms must be completely filled out and signed, and include dated invoices and receipts.
- Packet must be turned in and received by Mass Save by 1/31/2021
- Must not be switching from gas to propane heating
- Must not be a municipal electric customer
- Equipment and/or installation are subject for verification inspection
- Rebate payment may take six-eight weeks
- Oil heating equipment may be available through the Income Eligible Offers at no cost. Click here for qualifying information.