It is a process to seal doors, windows, and trunks to:
- Stop the elements (water, air, etc.) from penetrating inside the building.
- Trap inside air from leakage, which in turn saves energy on air conditioning and heating.
Weather-stripping requires PA approved products, following are some materials used for this process:
- Door, interior: Schlegel “Q-closed-cell, or equivalent other product approved by PA vendor.)
- Doors, exterior: Schlegel “Q-lon with carrier” or equivalent other product approved by PA vendor.
- Door seep air-impermeable be aluminum & vinyl.
- The weatherstripping will have a deflection range of at least 1/4″.
- Weather-stripping will remain compliant in chilly weather.