In the summer months, room air conditioners are probably the most used appliance in the home. No matter what the type of your unit is, they are perfect for keeping the rooms and spaces in your home cool and comfortable throughout summer.
However, is the air conditioner that you are currently using energy-efficient? Is it a newer model or more than 10 years old? Do you make sure to regularly clean the filters?
All of these things contribute to how well your air conditioner can function and how much energy it spends that goes towards your energy bills.
For example, a certified air conditioner that has passed all of the energy-efficiency requirements uses 10% less energy than an old model.
But how do you know which air conditioner you should have?
Pro Tip: Use Fans to Help You Control the Temperature
There are many reasons why using fans is beneficial for the energy efficiency of your home:
- Ceiling fans can cool the air of the entire room and use far less energy than an AC.
- Portable fans are cheap. You can place one in each major room of the house to keep the breeze going.
- A fan will allow you to raise your thermostat by 4º while still keeping the same level of comfort.
This quick and inexpensive purchase can really help to keep the temperature in your house comfortable while saving you money on your energy bills.
- This offer is only open to Massachusetts residential electric customers of Cape Light Compact JPE, Eversource, National Grid, or Unitil.
- Limit two-room air conditioner rebates per account per calendar year.
- The rebate is good for purchases made from January 1, 2021, through December 31, 2021.
- Applications for 2021 rebates and all necessary materials must be postmarked or submitted online by January 31, 2022.
You may be eligible for a no-cost Air Conditioner incentive!
All you need to get started is to contact us for your no-cost virtual home energy assessment.
As a proud partner of the Mass Save program, we are able to deliver a huge range of no-cost incentives that will increase your energy savings and reduce your bills.
As residents of Massachusetts ourselves, we are delighted to be able to use our expertise to help as many people as possible live in a healthier, more energy-efficient home.
To get started, contact us today to set up your no-cost Home Energy Assessment.