Each load of clothes you wash can save you money—you can receive up to $150 on a new, energy-efficient machine.
Washing machines that are energy efficient can save 25% of electricity compared to traditional machines, as well as use 33% less water. These appliances also adjust the wash cycles for size and temperature automatically, which means your clothes get less wear and tear (lengthening your clothing life and saving you money there, too!).
How to Apply for Your Rebate
You can apply for your $150 rebate for your new washing machine by following these three easy steps.
Step 1 – Assessment
Set up a home visit for your Home Energy Assessment through Mass Save. A professional, qualified representative will evaluate your old machine (it must be a top-loader with an agitator, and must be working at the time of the assessment).
Step 2 – Purchase New Equipment
After you have determined that your old machine is eligible for an upgrade, you will buy your new washing machine that is a part of the Energy Star line and that meets the requirements of the program.
Step 3 – Submit for Rebate
You can submit your rebate online or through the mail. Use the form that your representative provided you during your home assessment.
Are You Eligible?
If you meet the following requirements, you may be eligible for a rebate on a new, energy-efficient washing machine.
- Residents of Massachusetts state who have an active account with Cape Light Compact JPE, Eversource, National Grid, or Unitil qualify.
- Purchases must be made between January 1, 2021, until December 31, 2021.
- All application packets and the related materials must be submitted online or postmarked by January 31, 2021.
- It will also be necessary to verify the inefficiency of the previous washing machine.
- Qualifying machines can be either front- or top-loading but must be Energy Star certified.